About Tim West
Tim West’s Quick Questions
- Running VERY early in the morning.
- Watching my beloved Man City (don’t start!)
- Currently learning Japanese with my daughter.
You’re stranded on a desert island – what three things can’t you do without?
A massive stack of books.
What inspires you?
Anyone who is unashamedly passionate about a topic or a hobby. There is far too much meh in the world.
What is your favourite word and why?
Wow. Anything that makes someone say ‘wow’ out loud cannot be that bad.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Time travel, no one ever says that, and I cannot understand why!
What would the name of your debut album be?
Lower your expectations
If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would play the lead role as you?
George Clooney. If I joined a gym and you rubbed Vaseline on your eyes, it would be a good fit.
You have written a biography – what is it called?
‘No regrets. Ok, perhaps a few, don’t focus on those.’
The quirkiest job you’ve ever had
As a student, I sold ice creams in a theatre in the interval. I used to get bored and tell them we’d sold out whilst standing in front of a freezer of cornettos.
Any middle name(s) you’d rather we didn’t know about?
Nah, not even one.
Tell us THREE facts about yourself that others might not know
- I have run the Great North Run twice
- I once was on an episode of Heartbeat in the 90s
- We blagged tickets to a US chat show whilst in New York recently and ended up hanging out with Oscar winner Laura Dern for an hour.
Your Favourite THREE films?
- Back to the Future
- Paddington 2 (stop laughing)
Your Favourite THREE songs?
- Don Henley – New York Minute
- Electronic – Getting away with it
- Duran Duran – Ordinary World
Your Favourite place in York and the surrounding area?
Clifton Moor for a good retail trip, failing that, Clifford’s Tower. We saw Shakespeare’s Hamlet there a few years back, which was incredible.