The developer has also said it has already seen a pickup in activity over the summer amid Labour's planning reforms.
The housebuilder said it finished 4,445 new homes in the six months to June 30, up by 5% against the same period last year.
It also marks a turnaround from the first quarter, when new home completions were down 10% year-on-year.
Persimmon said it got planning permission for 6,000 more plots so far, with "encouragingly" 1,000 of those completed in July, after Labour won the General Election.
RECOMMENDED READING:
- North Yorkshire set for 'thousands' of extra homes a year as target triples
- Persimmon Homes plan approved at Hull Road for 162 homes
YOU’LL FIND MORE ON THIS STORY AND OTHERS AT www.yorkpress.co.uk OR PICK UP YOUR COPY OF THE NEWSPAPER ITSELF AVAILABLE SIX DAYS A WEEK AT YOUR LOCAL NEWSAGENT

Amy Winehouse Band to Open at York Barbican for New Tour
Comedian Jon Richardson Helps Boost Shares for Fadmoor Pub
Levellers Announce New Show at York Barbican in October
York And Scarborough Teams Top STEM Racing Regional Finals
Seutonius Book to be Auctioned Off With Duggleby Stephenson
MP Rachael Maskell Backs Campaign for Fairer Football League
Stillingfleet Beer and Music Festival Launches Ticket Sales
Jane Tomlinson Appeal Receives £4m Applications to Giveaway


