The first York households set for new wheelie bins are due to get them delivered next month ahead of a wider roll out over the summer.
York Council has begun writing to the 2,835 homes in the Micklegate and Heworth wards ahead of the delivery of bins from Monday, June 16.
Phase One of the Bags to Bins scheme is set to be followed by deliveries to almost 2,800 homes in Clifton, Fishergate, Guildhall and Holgate from Monday, August 4.
Council business manager for environmental services Rebecca Copley told councillors a third phase would look at deliveries to additional streets deemed harder to collect wheelie bins from.
It comes as the council’s Economy, Place, Access and Transport Committee was told the roll out was set to get underway following delays earlier this year.
Environmental services lead Ian Hoult told councillors competing budget priorities and issues with buying the bins had led to the delays.
YOU’LL FIND MORE ON THIS STORY AND OTHERS AT www.yorkpress.co.uk OR PICK UP YOUR COPY OF THE NEWSPAPER ITSELF AVAILABLE SIX DAYS A WEEK AT YOUR LOCAL NEWSAGENT

Amy Winehouse Band to Open at York Barbican for New Tour
Comedian Jon Richardson Helps Boost Shares for Fadmoor Pub
Levellers Announce New Show at York Barbican in October
York And Scarborough Teams Top STEM Racing Regional Finals
Seutonius Book to be Auctioned Off With Duggleby Stephenson
MP Rachael Maskell Backs Campaign for Fairer Football League
Stillingfleet Beer and Music Festival Launches Ticket Sales
Jane Tomlinson Appeal Receives £4m Applications to Giveaway


