Thirsk travel back in time courtesy of the Thrisk Rotary Club as The Magna Carta 800 Med Fest hits town. In this FULL WEEKEND of entertainment, everybody can join in the fun:
9.30am Gates open
10:00am - Site goes ‘authentic’ Site and Medieval Encampment open to the public/ Falcons on display for public. Main Event in the Display Area (in front of the stands)
10.00 Introduction and Opening Ceremony
10.15 Start of programme of entertainments
- Horrible Histories - Historia Normannis - A talk about some of the key events in the C12th in the style of Horrible Histories.
- Weapons display/Training of the Militia - Historia Normannis - A number of common medieval weapons are demonstrated in tests with a member ex-plaining the strengths and weaknesses of each. Then watch our levied peas-ants be trained for war by a member of the fighting nobility.
- Norman Fashion Show - Historia Normannis - a talk through medieval fashion up and down the social ladder to better explain the styles of the C12th to the public.
- Mythbusters/Arming of the Knight - Historia Normannis - The Earl’s company demonstrate medieval combat and discredit some common myths about medieval combat. Following this a Knight will be kitted up in front of the audience showing off all the different aspects of his kit
- Shire Court - Historia Normannis - A recreation of a medieval court where multiple cases are heard and the medieval justice system is explained
- Birds of Prey Display
- Main Combat Display - Historia Normannis - the members of Historia Normannis engage in a main combat display, demonstrating 12th century warfare.
Enquiries 0184 5 523712. For further details visit our website www.thirskrotaryclub.co.uk
Supporting Herriot Hospice Homecare and other charities