RNIB Technology Support Squad - Helping you set up and use technology
We can give advice over the phone or visit you at home. Whether you’re setting up a new computer or solving a problem with an old one, switching on audio description on your TV or understanding the instructions for a new appliance, our Technology Support Squad is here to help you
‘Thanks to the patient and helpful volunteer, I have learned how to use my new digital radio. I now love listening the radio and have discovered dozens of new local and national stations.’
Our team of 800 volunteers from across the UK can set up and help you get to grips with your technology for free. We can help you:
- Tune in your digital radio
- Lean to your landline or mobile phone
- Get the most out of your Freeview, satellite and cable TV and set up your DVD player and audio description
- Get started with a new laptop or computer, install a printer and set up your internet and software
- Investigate – and fix- problems with an existing computer
- Use your eBook reader or DAISY Talking Book player
- Help you get online using tablets and mobile devices
We’re also able to help advise you on how to make some of your other electronics easier to use.
Call our Helpline on 0303 123 9999 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are always looking for volunteers who have skills and experience in IT to join our Technology Support Squad.